Not every work of art we do meets our expectations. The image in our head sometimes doesn’t materialize. So, a ‘what went wrong’ analysis is needed. Here are some questions to ask.
- Is the drawing correct?
- Is there a good composition?
- Are the hues clear?
- Is there a dominate color with harmonizing colors?
- Are warm and cool contrasts used correctly?
- Are the values and their forms consistently correct?
- Is the light source evident and consistent?
- Is their variety in the brushwork?
- AND is there emotion reflected in the work?